Another one bites the dust!

Forums News bulletins Another one bites the dust!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Brian Ward
    Participant

Amanda broke her ankle today at Thieves Wood while orienteering – she posted on the NOC forum the following :-

A Big Thank You to all those competitors who assisted or asked about my well-being after I fell and sadly broke my ankle in Thieves Wood today. Short Green was going so well and so I ‘shuffled’ a bit faster towards #11 and the spikes on my o-shoes caused my left food to slide along a snow covered branch and twist back. A special thank you to the young boy competitor who hearing my cries ran to the finish for assistance coming to let me know help was on its way and to Alison and Alison who forgave their Orange course to stay with me, keep me warm and raise my spirits. Also many thanks to Hilary and the NOC Team who swiftly responded to call for an Ambulance. We are only sorry that we didn’t take a photo of the ambulance jeep/buggy that collected me from a small forest path! Hull Royal A&E awaits in the morning I hope for a swift recovery. Thanks again – you were brilliant. Amanda Ward HALO

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.