HALO Coaching Grimsby

Forums News bulletins HALO Coaching Grimsby

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Brian Slater
    Participant

We had a very wet evening with heavy showers and gusting winds.  The first activity was to test each participant’s pacing ability.  Follow a predetermind line on the map from a starting point and then pace accurately to a control site marked on the map.  Participants were issued with personal pacing scales (double paces per 100m on a 1:2500 scale).  We had a variety of results from 70% correct to (I think the ‘coach’s’ legs must be getting shorter).

This was followed by 4 courses on the maze (attached) in the pouring rain.  Was I proud of our tough and resilient orienteers.  Thanks to you all for collecting in the equipment.  Once you had all left, the sun came out and I collapsed – the ‘sun canopy’ which kept me dry, and then trundled home for a hearty meal.

Neil was kind enough to lend his maze to us one of which you can see here in the results.  A more complex MAZE (apparently) awaits those who travel to Beverley on Monday for Brian Ward’s end of term (Beverley Club Night) event.  Not to be missed.

Here are the results

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.