HALO Coaching Grimsby Club Night 3 Nov

Forums News bulletins HALO Coaching Grimsby Club Night 3 Nov

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Brian Slater
    Participant

Just 5 stalwarts attended on this drizzly evening in the dark, for a torch lit run and our first session in the sports hall. 

Warming up was incorporated on the first exercise – ‘Star Orienteering’.  Team member 1 put out a control and then Team member 2 located it and moved it to a new position.  This was repeated for 11 controls.  Sam and Dave took on Fran, Lucy and Tracey.  Incredibly both teams finished within 3 seconds of each other.  This was followed by 10 x 50m intervals ‘head to head’ ensuring sore legs for the next day.

Fran said that she had had one of the best runs of her life last Sunday at Stanton.  She puts it down to all the training, especially the physical stuff.  .

The short courses in the sports hall on a simplified map gave a different experience, most courses being completed in 1 to 2 minutes.  Never-the-less I heard lots of gasping for breath giving me the satisfaction in knowing that my plan was working.  We are all going to Primrose Hill on Sundaty to check out any improvements in techniques and/or fitness.  We used SI for the sports hall courses and the splits are attached here.  But, divide by 1000 to get a nearer approximation to the real distances in the sports hall.  The hall measures 20m x 40m.  Tonight’s total running distance would have been approximately 3.5k, but all done at a quick pace.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.