Location announced for Winter Event Saturday February 18th

Forums News bulletins Location announced for Winter Event Saturday February 18th

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Neil Harvatt
    Participant

Next Saturday (Feb 18) will be the fourth event in the 2012 Saturday League.  There has been some doubt about the location of this event but I can confirm that it will be on Swinemoor, just to the east of Beverley with starts from 1pm to 3pm.

Registration will be in the club tent on Swinemoor itself.  Access will from the public footpath on the A1035 at grid reference TA 050 415.  Leave Beverley on the A1035 and turn right onto the old road before you get to Hull Bridge. Parking will need to be on the roadside of the old road, please ensure you park considerately and don’t block any drives, etc.  Once parked walk back towards Beverley and the footpath is between two properties just after the old road ends (I think the address of one the properties next to the public footpath is 242 Sandholme.)  Take care at the southern end of the path – it crosses a ditch and the western side hand-rail on the bridge is missing.  Once at the bridge you will see the tent.

Due to the late notice of the exact location and the current weather I am not expecting a large number of participants, and so will not be printing as many maps as normal.  Therefore, if you are hoping to take part please email me to reserve a map.

Swinemoor has been used before for Orienteering but this was at least 20 years ago when everything was black and white (including the map!).

This will be a brand new map.  Swinemoor is a large area with only a few line features, mainly ditches.  It will be challenging for the longer courses, but there are enough line features to make good beginner courses.  It can be wet in places – the major wet areas will be shown on the map, but be prepared to return with wet socks. The grass is mostly short and good for running on (or walking).  There could be some fast times if you don’t get lost!

If anyone is able to get there for about 12 noon to set the tent up, etc could they let me know – thanks in advance.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.